Workshops for Boomers
Caring for the Caregiver.
Did you know that there are currently 22 million Americans who care for an aging loved one? This number is expected to rise with the aging of America. Learn how to care for an aging relative without losing your health, mind, and identity. This workshop includes how to: Make the Most of Your Visits; Manage Long-Distance Caregiving; Solve Problems Through Networking; Create a Plan; Build a Reliable Caregiving Team; and Nurture Yourself in the Process.
HOW TO REINVENT YOURSELF
Who Says Turning 45 or 50 is Too Late to Change? Don’t let the youth culture frighten you. After all, experience not only counts, it saves money. Here’s how to reinvent yourself and gain wealth and happiness, too.
April 7, 2015
How I Learned That Italians Make the Best Lovers
This story was written and performed for the live, personal storytelling series Oral Fixation (An Obsession With True Life Tales) on December 16, 2013, at Hamon Hall in the Winspear Opera House in Dallas.
A national speaker, Ms. Stone has appeared in New York City, N.Y., Denver, Boulder and Greeley, Colorado, as well as other cities in North Texas such as Dallas, Fort Worth, Denton, Arlington, Irving, and Austin. Her speech on “Making Your Money Matter” is presented to corporations like the Women’s financial division of Legacy Bank in Dallas.
She recently appeared on Huffington Post. In addition, she also appears on national radio and television, including National Public Radio, WOR (New York), ABC Radio, as well as Fox, ABC and CBS television. In addition, she also serves on the advisory board of Home Instead Senior Care, a corporation that places non-medical workers with the elderly.
Speeches: "WOMEN IN TRANSITION"
- “You Can Do It!” 10 Ways to Step Out and Strut Your Stuff! 5 Surefire Ways to Start Over and Change Your Life
- Making Your Money Matter – Take Charge of Your Finances Before An Emergency Arises!
Speeches for the CORPORATE WORLD
- Building An Invincible Team: Dare to Listen, Learn and Win!
- Just Do It! Take a Risk and Move Forward!
- You’re Not the Boss of Me! How to Win Without Losing Face (or your job).
Are You Hungry to Be a Bestseller?
In order to be a successful writer, you must learn — "How to Position, Pitch and Place Your Article or Book Idea." In this class, you will discover how to jump start or rekindle your writing career, as you learn to sell your story to publishers, agents or editors. This class will combine the craft of writing with important selling/marketing techniques. You’ll find out how to write query letters, proposals or pitches to agents, publishers or the radio/TV media. We will read and critique your work and learn from others. (If you have a pitch letter you’ve already written, bring it for review.)
Dates: Dates to be Announced
Additional classes or sessions:
HOW TO WRITE A BOOK PROPOSAL
Are you struggling with how to begin your NON-FICTION book?
This class will get you started. It will cover the essentials of writing and organizing a book proposal, from cover letter, marketing plan and promotional ideas, to sample chapter(s) synopsis and headlines. The class will also include critique sessions and creative writing exercises to give you added confidence and momentum.
At the end of this workshop, you should have the knowledge and expertise to complete a marketable book proposal.
Dates: Dates to be Announced
- The Overview. What the book is about. Why are you writing the book? How are you uniquely qualified to write it? Who will your reader be? What other books, similar to the one you propose, already exist?
- Annotated Table of Contents. Chapter titles and brief descriptions of content. Descriptions will be in narrative rather than outline form.
- Sample Chapter.
- Author Bio. Appropriate articles written by the author, or about the subject of the proposal must be included — in addition to the bio.
- FORMAT OF MANUSCRIPT. Students will learn how to appropriately format their book proposal manuscript for editorial approval.
Jump start your writing in one-on-one sessions to organize your thoughts and breathe life into your words. As you develop your craft, syndicated writer and author Pamela Stone will both edit and shape your writing. She’ll also praise (and cheer) your progress!
For private classes held by Pamela Stone, call 214-360-9893 or email email@example.com for more information.